All Souls School—building on each child’s strengths, interests, and experiences in an intentional, diverse,
and nurturing community that fosters experimentation, a love of learning, and respect for others.
We have always been a community that supports one another. Looking back over the course of the school’s 55-year history, the COVID-19 pandemic has been the most significant challenge we have faced.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic, the School’s trustees, administrative staff, and teachers have worked tirelessly to ensure our community’s safety, while providing the intentional, play-based education All Souls School is renowned for. It has been wonderful to be together again, however, reopening has resulted in enormous financial strain. We face a shortfall over $1,000,000 due to the impact of COVID-19 and related expenses. Some include:
- Increased financial aid requests
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing
- HVAC and ventilation upgrades
- Software and technology upgrades
- Mount Sinai consultancy
To offset these great expenses, today we launch the Annual Fund with a focus on diminishing expenses due to COVID-19. Recognizing the unique need the School faces, the Board of Trustees will proudly match all dollars raised for the Annual Fund from November 23rd, 2020 to December 4th, 2020 up to $60,000. Please consider giving during this period to double your impact. If you are not able to participate at this time, Annual Fund gifts are welcome until June 1st, 2021.
This is an extraordinary time and we hope that you will consider an extraordinary gift this year. Please help us in unlocking the Trustee match to make an even greater impact. Every gift, no matter the size, makes a meaningful impact. Please help us support our school, and our children’s teachers and staff—our heroes. Together, we can ensure the continued excellence of All Souls School. Click on this link to make your gift.
You can designate your contribution as follows:
- Our Unrestricted Fund provides school leadership with the flexibility to designate funds where they are needed most.
- The Kefalidis/Johannsen Scholarship Fund supports greater access to All Soul’s unique approach to early childhood education.
- The Dr. Jean Mandelbaum Fund for Faculty Development and Enrichment provides special opportunities for the faculty, including study tours to Reggio Emilia, Italy.
- The Director’s Fund for Children’s Special Needs provides important services for children in our school community.
Note that a contribution of low basis securities can be an easily administered and efficient form of donation.
Stock Transfers: contact Jennifer Vest for stock transfer instructions.
Matching Gifts: Please check if your employer has a matching gift program as you may be able to double or even triple your gift to All Souls School.